SVC Venture Club is looking for an Intern to work as a Marketing & Communication Specialist.
Who We Want to Hire
We’re hiring a sharp, enthusiastic, and ambitious Marketing & Communications Intern who wants to generate brand awareness and drive demand for our uniquely positioned global investment platform, enjoys writing creative primary content, wants to develop their career in Marketing and Communications, and be a part of international investment & startup ecosystem.
We look for a Bilingual (English & Chinese) individual with 1-3 years of related experience and a Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, English, Journalism, Marketing or Public Relations. The Marketing & Communications Intern will possess outstanding oral and written communication skills in both English and Chinese and excellent presentation skills; has the ability to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple projects; has experience using Public Relations and Communications as core tactics within a demand generation environment; and preferably has previous marketing & public relations experience.
This person possesses inherent leadership qualities, polished business acumen, a love for technology and startup culture, and a fun sense of humor.
· Execute and measure SVC Venture Club public relations strategy, marketing campaigns and initiatives to increase public recognition and brand management
· Create primary written content including a variety of marketing collateral: press releases, thought leadership bylines, awards applications, speaking engagement applications, and additional media relations content
· Partner with Business Development team to produce related collateral such as data sheets, feature sheets, and overviews
· Assist Social Media Manager to ensure messages are aligned
· Share in the responsibility of building the SVC Venture Club brand, driving effective demand and profitable growth through a fully integrated communications approach including: press releases, media outreach and related industry content integration
· Represent SVC Venture Club externally on a day-to-day basis with clients, media, print, online and broadcast media interviews, event, sponsorships and industry partnerships
· Recognize your peers for leading by example, inspiring, and being awesome
Desired Skills & Experience
· BA/BS or equivalent. English, Journalism and Public Relations major is highly desired
· 1 to 3 years of experience working in a startup, corporate, or agency setting
· Bilingual Speaker is highly desired – English & Chinese in native proficiency
· Excellent writing skills
· Meticulous attention to detail
· The ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects
· Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Power Point and Photo Shop
· Knowledgeable in HTML, Dreamweaver and/or comparable HTML design programs
· Proficiency in basic office applications such Excel, Word, Power Point
· Previous knowledge of marketing automation platforms like Pardot, Marketo, Eloqua.
· Previous knowledge of client relationship management platforms (CRMs) like Salesforce.com.
· Experience working in the Hardware or Software sector. Networking Sector preferred.